New Zealand’s Infomercial Queen has changed her name and moved to a new home – now she’s looking forward to what’s coming next.

“I’ve reached an age that’s about me now,” she explains. “For the first time in my life, I really just made you think, before I had my mother, my husbands and different dogs and cats, but now it’s all about what makes me happy.”

And one of these things leaves behind the confusion that arises when you never know under which name it was booked for flights and hotels.

Suzanne (61) laughs: “Everyone at the check-in counter recognizes me as Suzanne Paul, but my passport says Wilson, so I’m always told that I’m not booked or that they would have upgraded me if they had I knew it was me.

“But the main reason is that I travel to work every week and I feel like I spend half my life explaining the same story, I’ve been in so many eyesight with Suzanne Paul for 26 years, with a driver’s license and passport to prove it. ”

“Suzanne Kilworth had more money than money, I got stocks on the New York Stock Exchange and said that money would always be there, so I built a villa on a cliff, bought the big yacht and took the Orient Express all over Europe.

“I was rich and famous, but after about eight years, Dean and I parted ways, much of it had to do with the IVF, I went through eight cycles, and when it did not work, I went into a deep depression.”

She became Suzanne Wilson after she married her second husband, Duncan, and shortly thereafter the US company ran aground. Suzanne was bankrupt and forced to sell her villa, and moved into a smaller house with her new husband and mother.

“It was a terrible time,” recalls Suzanne. “We have taken many jobs and grown most of our own food.”

For the entrepreneur Suzanne Paul and her creditors, the future looks more promising. The self-made celebrity strives for a lot of “damned hard work” an early release from bankruptcy.

Ms. Paul told the Weekend Herald yesterday that she was finally able to fulfill her promise to repay creditors in 2004 after the rapid collapse of Rawaka, a tourism company of Maori cultural tourism in Northcote.

It had been declared bankrupt a year ago after the sinking of Rawaka, set up in the old Fisherman’s Wharf restaurant, which had been voluntarily liquidated with over $ 1 million.

But Mrs. Paul has sworn to repay her debts and has now initiated the formal process of early release from bankruptcy for this to happen.

The English-born saleswoman, with her unmistakable Wolverhampton accent, had successfully established herself as a household name and television star by announcing “Natural Glow” powders when she arrived in New Zealand.

The story is repeated as Mrs. Paul now notes the strong sales of a new bronzing product Radiessence along with an analgesic electric pen, a hair removal gel and a vibrating massage cushion for her comeback.

She helped develop and market the products on television, in shopping malls and various retail outlets for a direct marketing company that included some of her former employees.

Ms. Paul, who had earned only a “basic wage”, said she had done a good job with commissions, and after about 18 months of hard slalom, she now has enough money in her bank account to repay her debts.

A deal had been organized so that anyone who owed money would get it back if the courts agreed to let them go bankrupt, she said.

Ms. Paul said her financial turnaround was the result of “bloody hard work”.

“It’s a burden for me, I’ve had terrible years, as you can imagine.”

Rawaka liquidator Jeff Meltzer said Mrs. Paul had told him that she had the money to repay the company’s creditors and await confirmation.

Mr Meltzer said that it was excellent news for the debtors.

“It was always what she represented, she would do it, so we kept the liquidation open.”

The liquidator’s original report estimated that the company in Rawaka was down $ 1,163,500, $ 482,000 to employees and $ 326,500 to traders and other creditors.

To update:

Now when I changed my name and moved to a new home, I really remembered how funny and crazy I used to be, and I reinvented myself.

She explains, “We had a lot to do with the loss of all the money and house, and I lost my two cats, my dog, and then my mother, and I lost my marbles afterward – and I was in menopause.”

“I’d like to think that someday I could meet somebody, but that’s not my priority, I’m just going to be happy, and the name is a big part of it.” Suzanne is back, it’s a new beginning. “

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *